Thursday, November 18

Quotes I dig: travel is a state of mind

Is there any point in going across the world to eat something or buy something or to watch poor people squatting among their ruins? Travel is a state of mind. It has nothing to do with distance or the exotic. It is almost entirely an inner experience.
-Paul Thoreaux

I'm reading a collection of Paul Thoreaux's shorter writings. I think I'll find a lot of quotes I dig before I'm through. One thing I like about his approach to travel writing is that he treats every experience, even a half day boat trip on a river near his house in Massachussets, as a journey and as a story.



Sand fleas are biting me this week. Tonight's my night to cook for the other thirteen volunteers, but the national director of ARCAS might be taking us out to dinner. So I'm killing time until then. Earlier today I made peanut butter honey granola balls for dessert... Thank you, internet, for no bake dessert recipes with less than five ingredients.

No comments: