Friday, January 7

Measuring happiness

Another fun find from today: Good's infographic measuring "mean happiness" in thirteen countries.
  

I like this particularly because I just finished reading Eric Weiner's "The Geography of Bliss: One Grump's Search for Happiest Places in the World."  Not the greatest book I've ever read but entertaining and occasionally thought provoking.  

I was finishing the chapter on Great Britain as I waited for Dave at the airport and a few minutes before he arrived I read,

Watching Brits shed their inhibitions is like watching elephants mate.  You know it happens, it must, but it's noisy as hell, and you can't help but wonder: is this something I really need to see?  

I laughed hard.  It's not "SO true!"... but as a generalization it's a little bit true :)

No comments: