Monday, January 31

Bits of blue sky

This past year I've become an avid blog reader and I'm glad I've chosen to keep this blog alive, even if I'm finding it difficult to develop a blogging rhythm!  


Sadly Auburn has lost its homeness.  Despite my efforts and good intentions since coming back from Australia, it has become a waiting room, a departure lounge of sorts, and I don't feel like I do much of note.  But I'm not giving up! I'm very busy during the week with classes, work, and my newfound love of exercise.  (I left exercise out of my 2011 goals, which seems to have helped spur me on, oddly enough.)  And speaking of goals - it's not easy taking a photo every day!  Especially with my cell phone camera.  I go to the same places, at the same times, day after day and am lacking in inspiration, too.  This week I want to post a few photos I've taken and spend some time planning the next couple of weeks' worth of photos, so I'll have a specific idea each morning.  


This cool photography project incorporates two of my favorite things, travel and bubbles:  World Landmarks Reflected in Bubbles by Tom Storm. Check out all ten of the photos. City Hall in Philadelphia and Neptune's Fountain in Poland are amazing!


 Windmills - Copenhagen, Denmark

Auburn's Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art is currently hosting a film series called Southern Outsiders.  The series consists of six films about what it means to be an outsider in the South.  This past week I saw the screening of "Cool Hand Luke" starring Gene Kelley - I'm sure some of you have seen it.  It's a prison movie, kind of a 1960s Shawshank Redemption.  I recommend it, as well as "True Grit," which I saw last night.  I love the soundtrack and the different arrangements of Leaning on the Everlasting Arms.


It's past 2am and I've finished my cinnamon toast and tea.  Mmmm.  Happy Monday!

No comments: